Friday, June 10, 2016

One Simple Question Comes to Mind and Leads to This....


I was at the store and been craving goat cheese. I've had horrible, horrible reaction to goat cheese. I remember when I realized that goat cheese was one more item I couldn't have... I assumed all goat's milk. Now, after learning what I've learned today, it doesn't mean I'm not allergic to goat's milk. However, there is a chance what I was reacting to was something else.

I tend to buy the super soft goat cheese that uses penicillium candida to make it that way. Often abbreviated to candida. It dawned on me that I shouldn't be eating it since I tested positive to penicillium when going thru allergy testing. I've also been suspicious that I've been allergic or sensitive to a handful of other random foods/beverages.

I began to look up all items related to penicillium, which lead to all versions of molds, which lead to me finding out a number of foods I've been suspicious about are all talked about in the list of what will most likely be an issue to consume. Sigh 

Let's take a look at a couple of links that helped me find the proper trail of information.

http://thisisworthwhile.blogspot.com/2009/03/penecillium-and-aspergillus-and.html
This is another blogger who provided very useful information

http://www.phadia.com/en/Products/Allergy-testing-products/ImmunoCAP-Allergen-Information/Molds-and-other-Microorganisms/Allergens/Penicillium-chrysogenum/

This is from Phadia website which I've used before. 

Aspergillus is one item that came up including a number of foods I've had issues with including bread, beer (which I already know I can't have either), chocolate, fruit juice, canned fruits and veggies (would explain my serious reaction to canned beets!). Apparently this link is citric acid which 99% has aspergillum.

There have been wines I have an instantaneous visceral reaction to and now I read that many vineyards and wine cellars have penicillium   

I will not list all items and foods/beverages. Please take a moment and read the information. It might help you get a better handle on foods you have issues with.

No comments:

Post a Comment